Orange cheesecake


Its been ages since I posted anything here, A concatenation of circumstances, stopped me from updating the blog. I was generally too caught up in other stuff
to try making something new, and when I did try new recipes, they didnt turn out 'blog worthy' and when they did, I couldnt manage a good enough pic, and when everything came together, I just was too fagged out at the end of a long day,running behind my two year old, to have any energy left to sit and compose articles for my blog. I would really love to hear from other moms of preschoolers who blog, how do they cope? I think I should have named this post travails of a blogging mom
There now that I have let that out of my system, Im going ahead with the dish for today's post. Orange cheesecake. The recipe is one I got from various sources on the internet.

Orange cheesecake
zest of 2 large navel oranges for the cake
zest of 2 large navel oranges for the glaze
8-10 digestive biscuits
1 cup yoghurt
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup sugar

To make cheesecake, preheat oven to 325 F. Place the biscuits in a strong plastic bag, and crush them by moving a rolling pin over them. remove crumbs from bag, and mix with butter. grease a 9 inch baking tin with butter. line with crumb mixture. In a large mixing bowl combine yoghurt, all purpose flour, 1/2 cup sugar, zest of 2 oranges. Blend in blender or by hand until smooth and no lumps remain. the consistency should be that of a cake batter. Adjust all purpose flour to get the desired thickness. Pour the batter into the crumb lined cake tin. bake on 325 F for 20-25 min or until, knife inserted comes out clean. The centre will feel wobbly, but take it out of the oven anyway, as it will continue to bake in its own heat. keep aside and let it cool for 6 hours.

While the cake is baking prepare the glace, by combining 1/2 cup sugar and zest of 2 oranges in a saucepan and simmer over low heat, until the mixture is `thick enough to coat the back of a knife. Once the cake cools, apply the glaze using a butter knife. Enjoy!!

Comments

  1. Very nice orange cheesecake recipe, thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment below.

Popular posts from this blog

Pasta with vermicelli noodles (semiya)

Healthy Bhel/marmara/puffed rice salad

Happy new year! Looking ahead with top 10 new recipes to try list