Eggplant- A serial story

I hated eggplant as a kid. My mom had to do a lot of camaflouging and convincing for me to even think of tasting a dish with eggplant in it. Over the years I have learnt to love this vegetable and have collected and tried out various ways of cooking it. So much do I love eggplant now that one simple post won't be enough for me to raise a song of praise to it. So I'm thinking of making this a serial post
My all time favorite dish with eggplant is actually a very humble dish, the simple eggplant rice my father used to make with roasted eggplant. It was the only dish I used to like with eggplant in it as a kid. This simple dish was Daddy's own speciality.  It was his staple diet during his bachelor days. I remember Dad remniscing about his bachelor life as he prepared it. Everytime we had this dish on the table we were treated to anecdotes from his bachelor days
Actually this dish is so simple it doesn't need a recipe at all. It's the ultimate proof that simplest things are often the best
1 large Eggplant (dark purple variety)
Salt to taste
Chilli powder to taste
Oil or ghee for seasoning
1/2 cup cooked rice

Roast eggplant over fire or in an oven. Turning over frequently. For tips on how to roast an eggplant, you could visit this site http://www.vegetarian-cooking-recipes-tips.com/how-to-roast-eggplant.html  Peel the eggplant and add to rice. Add salt, chilli powder and ghee or oil. Mix it all up, mashing the eggplant as you go. Serve into dainty dishes and enjoy. No accompanient needed. Food that's yummy made in a jiffy!!!

Comments

  1. true...but never tastes as good as Nanna's without the accompanying stories!! or maybe its the way he mixed it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah half the flavor is in the stories :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave a comment below.

Popular posts from this blog

Pasta with vermicelli noodles (semiya)

Happy new year! Looking ahead with top 10 new recipes to try list

Orange Cake